ASC Group, Inc. (ASC) is seeking a highly motivated and qualified candidate for the role of full-time Environmental Specialist/Wetland Scientist. The position requires good written and oral communications skills and the ability to work as part of a team. The successful candidate will be articulate with a professional presence, and solid decision making, planning, and organizational skills
- Conduct wetland and waterways identification and delineations in the field with minimal supervision, interpretation of collected field data and preparation of the associated wetland and waterways reports per the USACE Wetland Delineation Manual, Technical Report Y-87-1 (1987), relevant USACE Regional Supplement to the Corps of Engineers Wetland Delineation Manual, and USACE National List of Plants.
- Completing State and Federal Waterway Permits – Section 404 and Section 401.
- Coordinating with project manager regarding project status.
- Coordinate and communicate with clients and regulatory agencies regarding projects.
- Some travel will be required with occasional overnight stays; work is conducted in both indoor and outdoor environments in various weather conditions and terrains year-round.
Additional Responsibilities include: assisting with light marketing and proposal preparation, as well as supporting the Environmental Team with various tasks such as Phase I hazardous waste site investigations, NEPA documentation (including CEEs and BRPAs), and associated field work.
The position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Ecology, Biology, Environmental Science, or a similar field. Five years of related scientific experience is preferred, but we are willing to develop the right candidate with less experience. Strong professional/technical writing, communication, and computer skills are necessary for this position. Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship. Must have or obtain a valid driver’s license.
Working understanding of State and Federal regulations such as Clean Water Act, Endangered Species Act, and relevant State Codes such as the Pennsylvania Code Title 25, Chapter 105: Dam Safety and Wetland Management and Chapter 93: Water Quality Regulations.
Experience with benthic macroinvertebrate studies and wetland mitigation methodology is a plus, as is a Professional Wetland Scientist (PWS) certification and/or a Pennsylvania bog turtle surveyor qualification. GIS experience and field/GPS experience is strongly preferred.
In addition to competitive compensation and retirement plan participation, ASC Group offers medical/dental/vision benefits and paid time off. To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter outlining your salary expectations, along with a résumé, to HR@ascgroup.net
ASC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This job posting is designed to be a good representation of the job requirements by is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee.
Company requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on disability or sincerely-held religious beliefs possible without undue hardships to the Company.