OUR COMMITMENT TO ACCESSIBILITY
OUR COMMITMENT TO ACCESSIBILITY
ASC Group, Inc. is committed to providing a fully accessible website experience for all users of all abilities, including those who rely on assistive technologies like screen readers, screen enlargement software, and alternative keyboard input devices to navigate the web.
Ongoing Efforts to Ensure Accessibility
We follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1 as our guiding principle for determining accessibility. These internationally agreed-upon standards cover various recommendations and best practices for making content useable. As we add new pages and functionality to our website, all designs, code, and content entry practices are checked against these standards.
Website accessibility is an ongoing process. We continually test content and features for WCAG 2.1 Level AA compliance and remediate any issues to ensure we meet or exceed the standards. Our developer tests our website using industry-standard tools such as several WordPress plugin tools to assist our efforts in flagging any accessibility issues, the WebAIM WAVE – Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool, color contrast analyzers, keyboard-only navigation techniques, and Flesch-Kincaid readability tests.
Accessibility Features On Our Website
The following is a list of items we have included on our website to improve its accessibility:
- Provide a contrast ratio of at least 4.5 for foreground/background elements
- Ensure content is structured with properly nested headings to make sense in screen readers or other devices
- Work hard to follow best practices for ARIA elements
- Provide ALT text for all non-decorative images
- We mark some content that uses non-compliant technology as [aria-hidden=”true”] and provides alternative content for screen readers that is not visible in a standard browser.
Where We’re Improving
In our efforts to bring our website up to standard, we are targeting the following areas:
- Consistent monitoring for errors or warnings as content changes
- Work hard to resolve anything confusing with redundant links or repetitive Alt text. These do not display as errors, but we will continue to follow ways to improve structure
- Ensure the website is fully responsive and adapts to monitors of varying sizes and multiple devices..
- Accessible PDF Bio and VCF (VCard) files
Known problems with active work to resolve.
- We use a post-filtering system on several pages, and the post grid that displays uses a background featured image that displays in WAVE as missing link text (the image does link to the single post view). These sections on the following pages are marked as [aria-hidden=”true”], and WAVE does not hide this from evaluation. But we have provided Screen Reader only (sr-only) content on the same page that provides the Post Title and, in some cases, category filters. All include an accessible button linking to the full post:
- Transportation https://www.ascgroup.net/about/market-expertise/dot/
- Energy https://www.ascgroup.net/about/market-expertise/energy/
- Development https://www.ascgroup.net/about/market-expertise/development/
- Airports https://www.ascgroup.net/about/market-expertise/airports/
- News https://www.ascgroup.net/about/news/
- Projects https://www.ascgroup.net/projects/
- Our Team Page has a dynamic grid to display a “card” with the team member’s photo, name, and job designation. On hover, there is an overlay that displays more information, as available, in the team member’s profiles, including their phone number, location, email, PDF Bio (to download), VCard (VCF file to download), and LinkedIn Profile. The technology is not friendly to assistive devices with issues with the icons used. We have this marked as [aria-hidden=”true”]. We provide friendly screen reader-only content on the page that will dynamically list all team members to include their photos and all fields in text. We include an appropriate aria-labeled button where content is dynamic. We continue to work on this last feature to ensure improved compliance.
This is part of our broader effort to make everyone’s experience at ASC Group a welcoming and enjoyable one. Please note that while we make every effort to provide information accessible to all users, we cannot guarantee the accessibility of third-party websites to which we may link.
Accessibility Support Contact
We welcome comments, questions, and feedback on our website. If you are using assistive technologies and have difficulty using our website, please email email@example.com, our website developer. We will do our best to assist you and resolve issues.